Broken tooth is a problem that spoils the aesthetic appearance. It causes problems in the teeth in the long term. For this reason, people who have broken teeth should definitely see a dentist. It is necessary to get rid of the problem. The dentist will examine the size of the broken piece. Also s/he find out the problem that caused the breakage. Then will come up with a solution to the tooth breakage. Then your treatment is started and your problem is solved in a short time. For this reason, it is important to be examined at the first opportunity. Especially after facing the problem of tooth fracture.
What to Do For Broken Tooth?
When a tooth is broken, It is a must to be examined by a dentist as soon as possible. However, there are some steps you should take in the first place. These steps are as follows:
- You should wash the spot where the tooth fracture occurs with warm water.
- If a part of your tooth is broken . Also if you are bleeding. You can reduce the bleeding by applying cold compresses to the area from the outside.
- If the tooth is completely dislodged. You need to put your tooth in milk or cold water for the possibility of saving it.
- After following the emergency treatment steps, you should apply to the dentist for tooth fracture.
Why Broken Tooth Happens?
When the causes of tooth fracture are examined. It is seen that traumas are commonly caused by tooth fractures. As a result of injuries such as injuries, fractures can occur in the teeth. In addition, there are dental problems that cause tooth fractures. These problems can be listed as follows:
- The formation of deep caries in the teeth is one of the most common causes of tooth fractures.
- Sudden temperature changes can damage the teeth and cause fracture problems.
- Teeth may break due to cracks in the enamel layer.
Displacement of Permanent Tooth
The displaced tooth must be found. The found tooth should be grasped from the crown area. Holding the tooth by the root may cause further damage to the tissues here. If the tissues in the root of the tooth are damaged too much. It will not be possible for the tooth to hold onto its socket. Foreign materials on the tooth that is held by the crown should be washed with hygienic water.
In case of tooth breakage, rubbing should not be done while cleaning the tooth surface and a brush should never be used. First of all, it should be tried to be placed in the tooth socket. When placing it in to the socket, no excessive force should be applied. Otherwise, serious damage to the tooth and tooth socket may be caused. If it can be placed in the tooth socket, a clean gauze should be placed on it and needed to be bitten in order to keep it fixed in place. In this way, he should go to the dentist as soon as possible. If the tooth cannot be placed in its socket, it should be kept in water or milk until it goes to the dentist.
In order to regain the displaced tooth after a tooth fracture, the dental tissues should not be damaged much and a dentist should be consulted as soon as possible. If it is preserved under suitable conditions and delivered to the dentist within half an hour at the latest, the chance of survival is 90% with a reimplantation (replacing the tooth in its own socket).
To know more, visit Erdem Dental and contact us.